Providing efficient pharmacy service, to patients as well as other users of the Pharmacy Department and ensure that we take full responsibility of upholding ethics and professionalism and enforcing mandatory legal standards and the Good Pharmacy Practices in the work station in accordance with Bliss healthcare pharmacy policy, pharmacy and poisons Act, Cap 244 and constitution of Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. High quality dispensing procedures and pharmaceutical expertise:
• Processing prescriptions correctly and accurately for patients.
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting doctors’ prescription; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities dosages and routes of administration.
• Give accurate drug information to all patients and other user departments.
• Provide patient medication care and education including adherence counseling, monitoring of patient progress and medication response, including adverse events and their management.
• Management of patient complaints and escalations as regards to pharmacy
2. Adherence to correct pharmacy and inventory stock management:
• Compliance with pharmacy inventory management systems.
• Participating in the drug stocking process i.e. stock requisition, reception from stores, delivery notes and transfer acceptance, prompt shelving and keeping a tight control of pharmacy stock items.
• Follow up to conclusion all stock issues requiring attention such as the pricing of drugs, following up patient credits, replacement of damaged or expired stocks.
• Responsible for consumption rates and rational drug use in the work station.
• Participating in scheduled physical and system stock takes and actively take part in prevention of stock variance.
• Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and making sure that the short expiry drugs are returned back to the store in compliance with the Short Expiry Drug Policy.
• Maintaining all pharmacy records e.g. Controlled substances, consumption rate, emergency and essential drugs etc.
• Ensure Temperature monitoring and documentation for all pharmacy storage areas (lockers, fridges and freezers) both in pharmacy and other departments
3. Continuous medical education: Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies and health talks. Studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions. Train pharmacy and other medical centre staff on all protocol related and general standard operating procedures linked to the pharmacy operations.
4. Participating in the formulation and implementation of company policies on drug use and pharmacy standard operating procedures.
5. Registration of Bliss healthcare pharmacies in line with Bliss Healthcare Pharmacy Policy; Adherence to Infection prevention and Control procedures, rules, and regulations.
6. Involvement in Medical Department programs, effective inter-professional relationships and teamwork at the work station
7. Adherence to data safety policy; Following the laid down security and safety systems and procedures in all transactions including not sharing computer log-in and password with other staff.
8. Adherence to insurance and client scheme rules.
9. Any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology.
• Registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
• Possession of valid professional practicing license.
• Competence in computer operations
How To Apply
Click on “Apply for job” button below to Apply. For Premium Members and for premium Membership (OPTIONAL) CLICK HERE.
For inquiries click on the WhatsApp button below