Requisition ID: req20543
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
• Support the grants manager in the proposal development by drafting budget narratives, initial review of proposals to ensure proper proposal templates and grant management procedures are followed.
Grants / award implementation and management
• Circulate monthly reporting schedules to the program and M&E team; doing follow-ups with the teams to ensure reporting schedules are met.
• Support the grants manager in the reporting process; review raw reporting data submitted by program team and collate initial full report drafts; analyze reporting data quality and solicit inputs from program teams on reports’ content.
• Ensure that OTIS is up to date on due dates and upload all submitted reports on OTIS and Shared Drive; File submitted reports in the hard copy folders.
• Support the grant manager in the review Budget vs. Actual (BVA) for the proper monitoring and the successful implementation of programs and flagging out or raising early warning in case of challenges burn rate, implementation etc.
• Assist the grants manager in the preparing of Grants Opening, Implementation and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings (BVA meetings) which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, logistics) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
• Assist in drafting compliance cheat-sheets, as needed.
• Communication and information management, including donor correspondences and taking of minutes during grants led meetings and following up on action points.
• Disseminate monthly trackers (Grants tracker, BVA etc.)
• Support the grants manager in keeping an accurate and up-to-date Grants/Proposals Filing system on the Shared Drive (Box), on OTIS and in hard copy folders in order to ensure grant documents are easily accessible for the day-to-day work of the Grants team and for internal and external audit purposes.
• Support other programe initiatives / work streams / task as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant course
• One year experience working within the humanitarian sector.
• Knowledge about donors including UN, ECHO
• Demonstrated strong writing and revision skills in English (both in terms of content structuring and copy-editing)
• Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Outlook, Internet (browsers and Skype), PDF manipulation
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Able and willing to learn and work with teams based in Nairobi, Kakuma, Lodwar, and Dadaab
• Able and willing to work under stress and with tight deadlines
• Able and willing to work in a multicultural context as a respectful team player
• An eye for design is a plus
How To Apply
Click on “Apply for job” button below to Apply. For Premium Members and for premium Membership (OPTIONAL) CLICK HERE.
For inquiries click on the WhatsApp button below