PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Kenya Medical Research Institute has a mandate to conduct
research in Malaria, HIV and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the program has a vacancy
in the EPI-003 project within the Malaria Branch.
POSITION: Clerical Officer (Interviewer) – (4 Positions) KMR 10
LOCATION: Gem and Bondo Sub-counties
REPORTS TO: Field Coordinator
O-Level secondary education with a minimum grade of a D+ (plus)
Must be ready to reside in either Gem or Bondo
Good command of English, Kiswahili and Dholuo in written and spoken
Experience of data collection in a clinical trial setting
Be in possession of a valid motorcycle riding license
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good computing skills
God interpersonal communication skills
Be able to work both independently and in a team
Be able to respect/appreciate a person’s privacy
The Clerical Officer will be responsible for enrolling participants and conducting home visits to
collect timely and accurate data.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The community interviewers’ responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
1. Schedule Home Visits
2. Conduct interviews and complete study forms
3. Keep a diary for home visits
4. Communicate with the Field Coordinator on field issues
5. Ensure that one has requisite supplies in time
6. Attend study field meetings and report work progress and challenges
6. Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest and hardworking
7. Any other related task as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service with probation in the first 3
months. Salary is based on the stipulated salary scale.
Applications should include the following:
Letter of Application indicating your county of residence
Current Resume or CV, with names and contact information of two referees.
Copies of Certificates or transcripts
How to Apply
Click on “Apply for job” button below to Apply. For Premium Members and for premium Membership (OPTIONAL) CLICK HERE.
For inquiries click on the WhatsApp button below