Naomi’s Village is a Kenyan children’s home, preschool, and K-12 academy in Maai Mahiu, providing holistic, intentional, and loving care for children in need. Our vision is to end Kenya’s generational poverty crisis and systemic corruption by equipping its children for compassionate and courageous leadership.
Job Tittle: Stores Officer
Reports to:Finance Manager
• Maintain the stores and records in a neat and orderly manner
• Receive and store all supplies in a simple and systematic manner on racks, shelves, or in bins according to assigned inventory location.
• Create, receive and maintain internal departmental store orders/requisitions of required supplies, and issue them in a timely manner.
• Maintain adequate electronic and manual records of receipts, requests, and issuances in all stores.
• Manage all documentation, maintain inventory main register, confirm and assure proper stock levels.
• Maintain and communicate to the supervisor stock re-order level for all the items in the stores and to different departments accordingly.
• Coordinate the process of consolidating, required regular donations and generate an accurate “wish list” of other required supplies for the department.
• Maintain store inventory records by updating Inventory Main Register (IMR) with incoming items (receipts), Inventory Requests /issuance records (items issued).
• Conduct a daily reconciliation and update the Summary of Inventory Request Register (IRR); balances of which must be entered in the Inventory Main Register in the store.
• Conduct a snap-shot stock take once every two weeks to ascertain the quantity of items available in the store.
• Answer questions regarding procedures and resolve discrepancies regarding receipts, issuances, repairs and surplus property/supplies
• Help sign out all tools and equipment used in the facility work shop and keeps a record of the same.
• Liaise with groundsmen/caretakers and keep stock of their supplies appropriately
• Report any anomaly noted to the Supervisor immediately in writing within 24 hours.
• Inspecting deliveries for the standard quality, damages or discrepancies and report any anomaly to the Supervisor.
• Rotate stock, and in consultations with management coordinate the disposal/donations of surpluses.
• Undertake comprehensive regular inventory audits and stock-taking exercises once every month in addition to the fortnightly snapshot individual stock takes.
• Perform any other NV duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
• At least a Diploma in Stores Management, Supplies Management or any other related field from a credible institution. Those with a degree will have an added advantage.
• Knowledge of stock control methods and book keeping
• Must be computer literate
• Experience working with stores/inventory software will be an added advantage
• Good analytical and numerical skills
• High level of integrity
• Ability to make right decisions with accountability in line with established policies
• Strong interpersonal skills with good problem-solving skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Mature Christian with deep grounding in the orthodox tenets of Biblical faith
How to Apply:
Click on “Apply for job” button below to Apply. For Premium Members and for premium Membership (OPTIONAL) CLICK HERE.
For inquiries click on the WhatsApp button below